Want an Anime-Manga-Manhwa-Webtoon Recommendation?

Check out my new wordpress blog and see if something caught your interest! CLICK HERE

Thursday, August 4, 2016

Yandere Review - Nameless' Tei

Nameless tei gif. Nameless the one thing you must recall tei yandere gif.

Name: Tei
Yandere Type: Manipulative, Abusive
Role: Obtainable Character

If you're a fan of otome games but you haven't played Nameless: The One Thing You Must Recall, then you missed half the fun of playing. And if you say you liked male yanderes but you didn't know Tei, then too bad for you. Tei's an amazing yandere out there.


You could download the game here:




WARNING: SPOILERS BELOW!


At first, Tei seemed one of the most harmless. He seemed like the big brother type (although the characters call him "mother"). You wake up in the morning and find that he has already cooked breakfast for you. You no longer need to worry about laundry,, he's already done it. You don't need to clean the house, it's already sparkling because of him. You don't need to worry about the books in the library being useless, he's read them all.

Why does he do all that anyway?

It's to forget about you. To forget that he wants to hurt you badly. To forget that he wants to drag you down. To forget that he wants you all to himself. To forget that he wants to destroy you.

Man, this guy's desires are so sick.

Seriously, if there is one character that the game makers focused on besides the Eri (the heroine), it's Tei. It's amazing how they put in so much effort in his character. Truthfully, yanderes are one of the character tropes that are hard to make. They're supposed to be extremely sweet when they're not in crazy mode. And they're supposed to be creepy when they're not in their normal mode.

Yanderes are hard to make due to the fact that they need to balance the creepy and sweet side. Some yanderes fail in that. Due to their creepy sides, their dere sides seemed force or vice versa.

Fortunately, Tei is a good model of this balance! He's genuinely sweet and caring, you could even feel it. He's also genuinely creepy you'd have goosebumps.

Nevertheless, I never realized that Tei is a yandere at first. He seemed so good-natured. That's when I got one of Yeonho's Bad End "Competitor". I seriously thought that he's gonna help Eri... but. that's. not. what. happened. This was actually the second scene that made me truly believe there's something creepy in the story (with one of Lance's bad end being the first).

Let's take a look at some of the bad ends that involve him:

Yeonho's Route (Tei is present in 1 out of 3 bad ends)
Competitor



So, it's a hurting competition now?

Yuri's Route (Tei is present in 3 out of 4 Bad Ends)
Triangle



Doubt



Second Choice


And that's just Yeonho and Yuri's route. He's still got his own bad ends, and he's definitely yandere half his route. And there's still Red's bad ends. It's obvious now how the game makers made a big effort in him, right? Plus, there was one bad ending in his route where I feel like there's implied rape. Not really sure, but I'm kind of positive.

Anyway, it's funny how characters call Tei "Prince Sunshine" when he's nothing but darkness inside. His caring personality was all pretend. He's like present in most bad ends of every character except Lance. I first thought that Tei was pretty sweet when he constantly makes tea for Eri. But boy, that escalated down quickly. You'd notice soon enough that almost every tea he makes for her is freakin' drugged. Nice move, Tei.

So, to wrap things up, I know that Tei is the yandere we're all looking for. Handsome, caring, creepy, manipulative and with a good background story. Really, I was so butthurt when he started dating Soi even when I know he's just doing it to forget Eri.

What do you think about Tei? How would you rate him?



On a completely different note, I hope you take time to read some of my other posts! It's about Jumin Han from Mystic Messenger and V from the same game. Thank you!


21 comments:

  1. Wow. i dont understand why you dont have aby comments. Such a good review. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for taking the time to read! ^_^

      Delete
  2. You know in Yuri's route, most of BE are from Tei. At first I'm kinda like Tei but after I tried bad ends from the three boys i don't even know will i enjoy his route or not. He looks creepy in his route though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I literally had a nightmare when I first encountered a bad end involving him. He's still my favorite guy tho. I love the creepiness.

      Delete
  3. after finishing the game somehow it all make sense now on why (for me) drugged you with his tea. please remember that the tea was only revealed ONLY in his route.. I'm thinking that since he already knows what was happening and about the reset (revealed in one of red's bad end) .. maybe he was aware that it is his route and he don't want to endanger MC and he is aware something is really wrong and wants to suppress MC's nightmare. That's why the first time Eri invited tei to the carnival he refuses first because i think somehow he knows everything ends in the carnival in every route. and its also a wonder why tei's route is the longest route..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he could have drugged you in other routes if he wants to.. he's only in yandere mode whenever he knows you're in danger and sad. ex.in yeohno's route when yeonho tries to kill you.. in yuri's route when Eri is unsure and yuri is not sincere.. in lance when tries to hurt Eri..

      Delete
    2. You're right! It's like his yandere mode's alarm goes off whenever Eri is hurt. Do you also remember that scene where Eri's knee is scraped and he's like poking at the wound right after fixing it?

      Delete
  4. tei is really mysterious for me until the end of the game... These are the questions that I've been pondering about the tei..

    1. in one of his cg Eri saw the wizard's feather during his performance..
    2. in nameless route wizard's feathers are always present whenever tei is around..
    3. in nameless route all if the boys things (Lance's notes, yuri's shoes, yeohno's picture book, and red's group picture) that can remind Eri some of her memory materialises in nameless's world.. but the necklace was only mentioned but never materialises..

    4. the menu screen and one of Eri's cg of the dolls only tei was picture together with the feathers. In the menu screen of the game tei is the only character isolated from the boys. It could have been red because he is the last route.
    5. the last scene in tei's route.. Eri was the one looking for tei in nameless's world..
    6. why tei was able to ripped Eri's diary and erase somehow her memory..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 7. why is it he does not have any observation entry about red on his diary...

      8. it was not mentioned in the game on how they boys were able to go to the abandoned toys room wherein only abandoned toys can only enter the room.. In the Christmas dlc of nameless its implicated that red's route and nameless's route didn't happen and Eri is trapped in nameless's world.

      Delete
    2. In Tei's route she still vanishes. It shows the blue tinted around her, AKA she was pulled to Nameless' world or out of her world. It just showed it from her POV instead of Tei's.

      Delete
  5. sorry for spamming the comments section.. I'm just so intrigued by this game and the whole wizard thing. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG it's been a long time since I've played Nameless so there's a lot of details I have forgotten. I don't think I could answer some of your questions, because most things about Tei are so cryptic that everyone is freakin' left wondering. Anyway, please give me a bit more time to replay Tei's route and *make some research* and I'll try to answer what I can! ^^

      (6) This is my own theory. But remember when Nameless said that the diary is his connection to Eri? I think he means that both literally and symbolically. So when Tei saw the smudges, I think, as smart as he is, he probably realized that the diary can physically affect her memories (which allows him to erase the memory as well.

      Delete
    2. omg! thank you so much you replied! I'm really glad that I could talk to someone who can relate to what I'm talking about.. It's really to find people who knows something about nameless..MM is much popular.. but thanks to MM I came to realised that Cheritz has 2 other 2 other games.. I have my own theory too but I'm too afraid to share coz people might say I'm over thinking things.. and it's really difficult to find fans of nameless and dandelion..

      Delete
    3. and not everyone understand tei and his actions. tei is always misunderstood. So sometimes it's frustrating to talk about him to other people..

      Delete
    4. Glad to meet you, too! In my case, I discovered Nameless first (And I didn't get to play MM immediately because I only have a cheap phone that doesn't even let me download the game due to space requirements T_T)

      Anyway, I know how frustrating it is. Totally understand you, especially if other say they "hate" Tei. LIKE WHYYYY?! Also, don't be afraid to share your theories. It just shows that you're capable of analyzing things thoroughly ^^

      Delete
    5. thanks so much. it's really a relief that someone understands you. I think cheritz wants the player to understand people like tei..who needs emotional healing not just medication alone..that's what I admired Eri in nameless on how she accepted and trust tei. so tei in return use that emotional support of Eri to somehow overcome his greed and obsession on her. I mean throughout all routes he did try his best to support Eri so that he can see her smile again. It's not important if it's not him whose making her smile. He genuinely wants her happiness. I'll be writing my theory here if it's okay with you.. it's your page im kinda hesitant.

      Delete
    6. I've read your questions again and I honestly HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT THE ANSWER FOR MOST OF THEM LOLOLOL sorry. I actually had the same questions after finishing everything. I've been stalking a lot of nameless blogs for quite a long long time now and I haven't found any satisfactory answer from others too T-T Leave it to Cheritz to kill us with curiousity ugh.

      Delete
    7. same to me I've been stalking blogs and pages to find answers but none so far.. I've actually stumbled on your page by searching on google about reviews about tei and nameless..some page are hating tei and how violent the game was.. ughhh.. This is the only page that can understand the artistic creation of cheritz to the character tei.

      Delete
    8. Oh no problem! You could write your theories here ^^. It's just, are you sure you want to write in the comments box? Maybe you could send me a draft or something, and I'll post it here? (Credits go to you, of course ^_^) Because I think it's a waste to just write your ideas down here hehe. I mean, if it's okay with you?


      P.S. We can't deny that Tei is on the violent side half his route. But nevertheless, it's wonderful that cheritz managed to make a complicated character as him .I'll always love Tei. Maybe his flaws are larger than most people, but I hope others would give him a chance T_T He really did his best for Eri after all.

      Delete
    9. definitely gonna send you my drafts.. let me finish collating my screenshots and evidences. thanks! I really appreciate it! It really doesn't matter if you publish it or not I just what someone to share it with.. coz it really frustrates me not to talk about it to someone. thanks so much again!

      Delete
    10. Will you send it by mail? If yes then send it here qiarayoung@gmail.com
      OHMYGOSH I'M EXCITED!!! ^^

      Delete