Want an Anime-Manga-Manhwa-Webtoon Recommendation?

Check out my new wordpress blog and see if something caught your interest! CLICK HERE

Saturday, July 9, 2016

Yandere Review - Nameless' Yeonho


Name: Yeonho
Yandere Type: Clingy
Role: Obtainable Character


This person's face face is just... so... cute... like a yellow duck. *inside joke intended*

So! Let's talk about Yeonho from the otome game, "Nameless: The One Thing You Must Recall". Okay, to be honest, I'm not really a fan of Yeonho. I mean, he's cool as brother or a friend or something. But having him as a boyfriend feels like I'm violating child code. Thumbs up, though. Despite my personal opinion of Yeonho, this guy a perfect  100% yandere! (For me, anyway.)

Here's why:




Looks: Positive
No kidding, Yeonho is cute. There's no wonder why he's so popular at school. And the same goes for the other dolls. He may be short but his looks are enough to compensate. If you like shotas, I know you'd root for him.

Personality: Positive
Yeonho is the common shota type on the common route. It's cute how he calls Eri "master" all the time. It's cute how he follows her around like a little duckling, too.

But all of that changes in his route.

I could proudly say that Yeonho is the best model of a shota yandere. How do I determine if a yandere is good or bad, anyway? Is swinging knives enough to call a person a good yandere? Well, no. (1) A good yandere has to have a character depth. (2) A good yandere has to have a reason for his actions. (3) A good yandere should be able to creep you out. (4) A good yandere should be able to tug at your heart a bit no matter how cruel or obsessive they are... and Yeonho is perfect in all those points.

That's why, despite my lack of affection to shotas, I knew I just had to give Yeonho the perfect rating.

P.S. I feel like Yeonho's creepier than other axe-swinging yanderes. And that's a compliment.



Story: Positive
Let me tell you, all story on each character's routes are top-level, Yeonho included. The backstory was deep enough to explain the rationality of all his actions. No scenes were half-assed and every chapter just adds to the "character depth" I'm talking about. I like how the stories added character developments, which makes them more relatable even just a little bit.

Voice: Positive
Thumbs up to the voice actor. Do-hyeong Nam did a very wonderful job. And yes, he kissed the dummyhead microphone on their drama CD "Nameless will heal your heart".


Over-all Feel: Positive
Do I need to say more? I think I've said it all. No, wait. I haven't. So here are my last words:

If you haven't played Nameless yet, then you missed half of your life. You could buy it on Steam or you could download it on this site (not sure if this download site is legal, though).

How about you? How would you rate Yeonho?

2 comments:

  1. Just finished Yeonho's route! I love how his route gives me mixed feelings! So emotional and intense. Definitely one of the best male yandere. I can't wait to play Tei's route... ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessss! I totally agree! Can't wait for you to play Tei's route! He's my favorite!

      Delete