Want an Anime-Manga-Manhwa-Webtoon Recommendation?

Check out my new wordpress blog and see if something caught your interest! CLICK HERE

Friday, July 8, 2016

Yandere Review - Pandora Heart's Jack Vessalius


Name: Jack Vessalius
Yandere Type: Obssessive, Killer
Role: Antagonist


Jack, our dear Jack. The kind Jack. The helpful Jack. The hero Jack.

Wait, no. That's just what we thought at first. Jack's actually someone darker.

Looks: Positive
Most yanderes look good. Jack is no exception.  His art was wonderful throughout the anime and the manga. I actually like how the colors yellow, green and black blended on both him and Oz. The way his postures are drawn just oozes out confidence which fits his character well.

Personality: Okay
If I was asked to give a rating, I would have given Jack a 5 rating, but something just stops me. Yes, he is definitely amazing as a yandere, but for some reason he did not imprint himself greatly on my mind. It's not that he's forgettable, it's just that he's not memorable enough. But that's just my opinion so you're free to argue.

Anyway, as I said, he is amazing as a yandere. He is one of the yandere characters that is not so obvious at the start. Jack is certainly well-made as a character. Even if it's just pretension, Jack's seemingly happy and optimistic attitude just tugs at your heart. Even the fact that he said he actually hates Lacie just felt so [insert heartbreaking word here]. 

Plus, I like how Jack can gaze at you and make it seem like he sees right through you. 


Story: Positive
Perfect points on story. Jack's background is probably one of the most complicated yandere background stories I've ever heard. If you haven't read Pandora Hearts yet, I suggest you do. At least you'd understand the deep meaning behind Jack's words and actions. And maybe you'll love him in the end, just like how most fans did.



Voice: Hmmmm....
Jack's voice was good, but not memorable. That's it, I guess.


Over-all Character Feel: 
Over-all, Jack is amazing! Other authors would probably rate him a five or something along the lines of perfect, especially if they've just read the story (unlike me who wrote this post ages after I read Pandora Hearts). What's your rating on Jack?

2 comments: