Want an Anime-Manga-Manhwa-Webtoon Recommendation?

Check out my new wordpress blog and see if something caught your interest! CLICK HERE

Friday, July 8, 2016

Yandere Review - Dance With Devils' Shiki Natsumezaka

Name: Shiki Natsumezaka
Yandere Type: Obssessive
Role: Obtainable Character (Otome); Main Cast (Anime); Lead Character (Manga)


I can't get Shiki's head off my mind. I want that head on my shoulder.



Looks: Positive
No fangirl would argue that Shiki really is an extremely good-looking fallen angel/demon. Throughout the anime and manga, he has good art and good expressions that matches with his personality well. Emotions are well-displayed in his face, especially those smirks (?)

Personality: Positive
Shiki's personality is quite fun with all those mood swings. The first moment, he seemed like a sadistic (sometimes masochistic) freak. And then suddenly, he has turned into a yandere who's all about breaking you.


He even goes out of his way to sing a very sexual song. Read about it here. Makes me want to be Ritsuka all over.

Shiki is especially cooler in the manga, as he is the main love interest there rather than Rem. And believe me, I just had to scream everytime I see him.


Story: Hmmm...
There's not much story around Shiki in the anime. That's a shame though. I feel like he could have gotten a very interesting backstory. While his history is further explained in the manga/otome, it still doesn't feel enough. I wish Shiki would have more character depth.




Voice: Negative
Don't get me wrong. I love Daisuke Hirakawa as a seiyuu. But I do think his voice doesn't fit quite well with Shiki. The demon is a sadistic-masochistic freak who gets excited over the idea of thorns poking him, so a very manly and a very deep voice doesn't seem to connect with the personality. I think it's better to have him voiced by seiyuus with younger-ish voices. (Bias: Shinnosuke Tachibana)



Over-all Feel
I told you, I had to scream everytime I see him.

And yeah, I hate the dog. Sorry Loewen fans.


No comments:

Post a Comment