Want an Anime-Manga-Manhwa-Webtoon Recommendation?

Check out my new wordpress blog and see if something caught your interest! CLICK HERE

Friday, July 8, 2016

Yandere Review - Dance With Devils' Lindo Tachibana


Name: Lindo Tachibana
Yandere Type: Protective, Possessive
Role: Obtainable Character; Main Cast


Here comes our beloved older brother.. no, umm, I mean cousin. *yeah, forgive me for the spoilers*



Looks: Positive

I once wondered why vampires, who were regarded as scary in the old times, is now the subject of romance at present (like in the movies, anime, books, etc.). The answer is probably because they're so beautiful, like they're made up of charms and allure.

And Lindo, being a half-vampire as he is, is no exception. That red hair and gleaming eyes were always a treat to our eyes. And I like how he could have a lot of facial expressions. Plus, his young self was cute <3

Personality: Positive
Every girl's dream is to have a wonderful older brother (probably?) Someone who will cook for you every morning. Someone who reminds you again and again that they will protect you. Someone who will be your knight in shining armor. And someone who will lock you up on your house and chain every windows so you can't get out.

But that's to protect you, you know.

Anyway, while Lindo is cool, I think he's a bit lacking in the yandere part in the anime. But that is definitely NOT the case on the otome game, especially on the Devil Ends.

Also, I like how he seemed to let go of Ritsuka at the end, with pain plain on his face.

Story: Positive

*in the Anime*
He had enough background story and present time appearance to actually consider his story positive. But I feel like his story is too cliche. He was the son of a vampire and human. His grandfather asked him to protect the family. He became an exorcist because of that. He fell in love with his sister/cousin.



A bit typical, right? There's not much complication in the anime but I guess it's still acceptable.

*Game*
Would you agree with me if I say I think Lindo got the worst endings? Like his devil ends are so susprising and creepy... and if you're looking for complications that are never found in the anime, you'd get it here in the game.


Voice: Positive
We all have our own favorites/biases when it comes to voice actors. Sadly, I do not quite like Lindo's voice actor. But that's just my opinion so I'm gonna go give him a positive since quite a number of people actually appreciates the voice actor.


Over-all Feel: Positive


To all who have played the game and watch the anime, how would you rate Lindo? I'd give him a 4 ^_^

3 comments:

  1. MY HUSBAND

    Imma state my opinion on this:
    Looks: I agree, 110%! <3
    Personality: Lindo did lock Ritsuka up to protect her. HOWEVER, it was only after EXTREME persistence that he let her go. Locking her up was to keep devils from getting inside the house and her room.
    He shows more yandere qualities in the game itself, especially when he’s in his dhampir form.
    ESPECIALLY his devil route, devil end. OMG much yandere there.
    And letting Ritsuka go (I’m guessing you’re talking about the anime)… was harder on him than it seemed.
    You really need to understand Lindo to know how he REALLY felt. ANYONE can LOOK like they’re okay when they’re actually NOT.
    YES, Lindo accepts Ritsuka and Rem in the anime. But is he happy about it? Maybe, but that doesn’t mean that he isn’t upset that she didn’t choose him overall.
    Story: His story was anything but positive…. there’s more complication in the game, and you also forget that he’s had to struggle with his dhampir self taking over him all throughout his life. Only Ritsuka could bring him back to normal, and even then, sometimes it didn’t work (evidence to the game).
    Voice: That’s personal opinion of course, but Wacchan I believe did an AMAZING job as Lindo overall, and I’m definitely buying drama CDs XD
    YES, there’s more for Lindo to improve if you ONLY look at it from the ANIME’s perspective. To the anime, he’s incomplete and some may find him “dull”, “boring”, etc.
    Same could be said to all characters of DwD. The anime didn’t do much justice, but the anime is SUPPOSED to just barely touch the surface so people can be hyped for the GAME. THAT’S where things are answered (except a few things for Lindo, and for poor Rem the game still didn’t give him much justice)
    There’s my opinion on it. Don’t judge by just the anime. You need to play the game to get an overall feel of the character. Hell, I can barely understand Japanese, but I can get the gist of audio :D so yeah, you really need to play the game to TRULY judge a character, not just something that barely touches their surface ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your opinion! Well, I guess I have to clear up that this review is in anime perspective (because most people doesn't really play games and it kinda hurts. Haha) ... I have played the game and it's true that the anime doesn't do it justice at all T^T

      Delete
    2. I'll probably edit this post and include the game perspective. Thanks to you ^_^

      Delete