Want an Anime-Manga-Manhwa-Webtoon Recommendation?

Check out my new wordpress blog and see if something caught your interest! CLICK HERE

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Yandere Review - Kamigami No Asobi's Balder Hringhorni Route


Name: Balder Hringhorni
Yandere Type: Possessive
Role: Obtainable Character (Otome); Main Cast (Anime)


Who else wants to take Yui Kusanagi's place in the picture? Oh, I know you do. Frankly, Balder is my favorite character among all characters in Kamigami No Asobi.

So, let the topic begin!



The first time we met Balder, I know it's really not obvious that he's a yandere. I mean, if you meet a very clumsy guy who falls twice right in front of you, or trips when there isn't even anything to be tripped on,  what are the chances that he's a yandere? Well, Balder-like chances, obviously.

I first thought that Apollon was going to be my favorite, but after I saw this face...


...everything changed. Like, where did the kind and clumsy Balder go?!

And guess who's my favorite character now.

Anyway, Balder kind of have a split personality: The god of light personality and the god of destruction personality. Light was his clumsy and kind self and destruction is his yandere self.

Balder's yandere personality is obviously possessive. He doesn't like it when Yui gets close to or spends time with someone else. He gets annoyed or hurt everytime Yui fails to recognize his advance. He can also be overly jealous if he thinks that Yui actually likes someone else *looking at you, Loki*. He even threatened her once, tried to attack her and declared that no one else can have Yui.

If that isn't yandere love, then I don't know what that is. 

Nevertheless, Balder's god of destruction powers might just be the strongest out of all the gods. It took everyone to take him down after all. Even Zeus admitted that the reason he brought Balder to the school is because he wanted Balder to be able to control his powers, thus preventing the possibility of worldwide destruction or something.

Balder's Route: Love Ends
In the game, Loki tried to test Yui's feelings for Balder by confessing his love to her. If I was Yui, I probably wouldn't have known what to do. I actually might have committed adultery. Lol. But fortunately, Yui does not accept the offer. 

Anyway, at the end, Thoth said that Yui could return to her world or go with Balder to his world.

If she decided to go with Balder, they'd get married. Thankfully, Balder stays being possessive. If Yui decides to go back to her own world, both of them would try to make use of the remaining time they have together. 

Fate Ends
In the first fate end, f you remember that scene in the anime where the Norse gods trio is at the seaside and Loki is preparing to kill Balder, then that's pretty much it, except that Yui is actually at the scene.

Loki brings out the mistletoe knife (or sword?), but Balder kept his calm demeanor, saying that he knew it would eventually happen. And just like in the anime, he jumped in the cliff. The only difference was, he died. He actually freaking died. He did not transform at the end unlike in the anime. He died. *cries*.

In the second fate end, almost the same thing has happened except that he freaked out after seeing the mistletoe, asking why Loki is trying to kill him. This is where the transformation occurs. He went berserk and changed into god-form. Loki and Balder battled it out.

Unfortunately, Loki is unable to inflict a heavy damage to Balder, so in the end, he sacrificed himself to create a large explosion, and both of them died in the end

If that wasn't depressing, I don't know what is. 

Still, BALDER FOR THE WIIIINNNN!


P.S. This is my second favorite CG, with the top picture in this post being the first. I want Balder to sneak into my bed and tease me, too! And probably do some lewd things as an additional. Haha. Lol. Anyway, is it just me or does he really look like Lance from "Nameless: The One Thing You Must Recall" in this CG?


What do you think of Balder? Have you played the game yet?



2 comments:

  1. I actually read the manga ver of this and I didn't know it was a game! Thanks for the review =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! There is a manga version? Wow! I didn't know that, too! I thought it was just a game and an anime. Thank you!

      Delete