Want an Anime-Manga-Manhwa-Webtoon Recommendation?

Check out my new wordpress blog and see if something caught your interest! CLICK HERE

Friday, April 6, 2018

Yandere Review - Re:Birthday's Nami-Sensei


Name: Nami
Yandere Type: Obsessive, Manipulative
Role: Obtainable Character


AAAHHHHHH DAAAAAMMMNNN!! I FINALLY FOUND MY GUY!! Ahaha seriously, Nami-sensei is like the embodiment of everything I've ever wanted! Teacher role? Check! Handsome face? Check! Older than me? Check! Kind of brutal yet also kind? Check! Sexy voice? Super check! Has yandere tendencies? Ultramega check!

If you want to know more about the game, you could read my review here.

Anyway, there are a lot of good things I could tell you about Nami-sensei. Let's start with:

VOICE
Suwabe Junichi had done a very wonderful job voicing Nami-sensei. Those oyaji charms and sinful deep voice ^_^. Most of the times, when I'm playing full-voiced otome games, even if the voice actor haven't finished speaking yet, as long as I already read the text, I'd skip to the next dialogue. I'm impatient that way.

But with Nami-sensei... I just had to listen to that voice. There was even a scene on the beach where Nami-sensei laughed for a bit, and there I was, in front of my computer, completely frozen up. Good thing there was that repeat button where you could listen to a dialogue over and over again. (Thanks for that button honeybee!)

Anyway, does Suwabe Junichi have those perverted r-18 dummyhead drama-cds? (*winks*) Can't seem to find any lolol. If there is, please tell me where I could listen, m'kay?


ART
Nothing more to say on this one. He's gorgeous.


STORY (Spoilers!)
Ah, so while Kairi's route is still what I consider the best, Nami's route was fairly good. Some of it were cliche (like all other routes) but it was a fun read. Seriously, I was totally romantically excited for the first half of his route, giggling like a little girl and smiling like an idiot in front of the screen. Their first date was by far what I considered most romantic!

But then, it's as I said, "first half". It was after the aforementioned date that Nami-sensei started having impure thoughts. And no, not the the perverted kind. He started thinking about how he could force the heroine into facing the cruel work of a shinigami over and over again, and started planning how to destroy the Netherworld, the place where souls with regrets reside.

You see, this is actually how the story goes: Back when Nami was alive, he had a lover named Sana. But due to war and conflicts around them, Sana was shot to death while trying out the dress she was supposed to wear on her wedding day with Nami. This is most likely the reason why Nami-sensei started losing his shit. Nami also died not long after due to an unknown reason. He ended up in the Netherworld due to his regret of not being able to take revenge on the person who killed Sana.

In the Netherworld, Nami became a researcher. Inevitably, he used everything he can to locate the whereabouts of Sana's soul. He then found out that Sana is actually a special soul who is able to reincarnate over and over in a very short amount of time (it usually takes a hundred years for a soul to reincarnate). From then, he started observing the soul as it forms into different personalities and live different lives.

At the present timeline of the story, the heroine is the current identity of the special soul. And due to a chance, Nami managed to pluck the soul out of its normal reincarnation cycle and bring it to the Netherworld.

You may have thought, Ahh, they're finally in the same world. But it isn't that easy. It's quite hard to explain, but let's just say that the Netherworld is on the verge of collapsing, and the only way for it to repair itself is for the heroine to become a human sacrifice.

Of course, Nami wouldn't want that. So he set his mind on destroying the Netherworld and have the heroine create a new world for the both of them (but really, Nami-sensei, having a world of your own is romantic, but it's boring don't ya think?). But then that's the other problem: all these time, he looks at the heroine as Sana. Technically, the heroine is Sana, but then they're also fundamentally different.

Nami became so delusional to the point that he locks the heroine up in his office (surprise, surprise), or hallucinate about the past.

Anyway, everything turned out alright. There were two endings, one was that both of them got reincarnated and ended up as teacher and student like before. Gosh, that was so cute I'm crying. Still, I honestly find these kind of endings somewhat bittersweet. Yeah I know they got together in the end so it's a happy ending. But what about those memories they made before they were reborn? Would they just end up being forgotten? I just find it sad that they wouldn't be able to remember those memories.

Another ending was that they both remained in the Netherworld and got married. This was cute in its own way and I liked this one better. Not only were they together, but also around them is a bunch of people who cares for them.

CONCLUSION
Anyway! I totally love Nami-sensei! I'd totally open my legs for him lololol.  All throughout the game, I was totally screaming in my mind, wanting to exchange places with the heroine. While it's true that his route felt a bit forced at some scenes, I still like Nami as a whole. What I don't understand is those people saying the sudden shift in his personality was like a betrayal or something. Like, uhhh, I think there were already a lot of hints in all of the other routes, especially Ame's. I mean, no teacher visits a student at 2am, and the heroine constantly comments about how Nami-sensei sometimes feels "weird" or "disconnected". That's why I really don't like it when people hate him because of the aforementioned personality shift. Like, people, are you even paying attention to what you read?

On the other hand, I kinda feel depressed right now. You know how I feel right? Meeting a dreamy guy and then realizing he's not real. *Sigh* I think I'm gonna say goodbye now. Thanks for reading.



Signing out,
Qiara, the girl who wishes she's the main character of this otome game :(

1 comment:

  1. Are you serouis, i skipped his route cs i thought it would be meh. I wanna hang myself.

    ReplyDelete