Want an Anime-Manga-Manhwa-Webtoon Recommendation?

Check out my new wordpress blog and see if something caught your interest! CLICK HERE

Saturday, October 7, 2017

Yandere Review - SAO Ordinal Scale's Eiji


Name: Eiji Nochizawa
Yandere Type: Obsessive
Role: Antagonist

Beware! Spoilers here!

So, I'm probably too late already, but today was the only time that I was free enough to watch Ordinal Scale. Anyway, I'm not here to make a review on SAO, but on Eiji's "yandereness". Lol. I was actually wondering which yandere type should I label him with. In the end, I chose obsessive due to the fact that he's trying do anything he can to "resurrect" his dead beloved, including assisting an almost-mass-murder.

Honestly, I found Eiji quite charming to the eye. Even his affections for Yuna were quite cute. Well, it's true that he's walking down the wrong path, but that doesn't mean his feelings weren't genuine.

Another thing, despite Eiji being quite violent and cold-blooded, there's something in him that's quite heartwarming. Especially at that scene where the professor told him he'd take Eiji's memories, too. I'm like, Noooo!

I really like his character. Throughout the span of two hours, the viewers managed to see different important sides of him. And you know what's great? It's the fact that Eiji finally managed to accept himself, weakness and all.

When we were first enlightened about the true identity of Eiji, we realized that he hates the past version of himself. He loathes it, curses it, and calls it weak all the time. He probably blames himself for Yuna's death. But then, right at the end, it was shown that Eiji finally recognized that he isn't worthless.

To conclude, Eiji's character is quite worth watching. And to those of you who hates SAO to the bone, maybe give this one a chance? You won't regret it. Probably, lol.

P.S. And may I say that the soundtracks of the movie are quite breaththaking?!




2 comments:

  1. This blog is great! Thanks for making a yandere list. Have you read Kimi shi ni tamou koto nakare? It's a manga where the male protagonist (Kuroi) is extremely yandere. I really recommend this series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! A lil bit busy right now so I can't check it out yet. But I'm definitely taking notes. Thanks!

      Delete