Want an Anime-Manga-Manhwa-Webtoon Recommendation?

Check out my new wordpress blog and see if something caught your interest! CLICK HERE

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Yandere Review - Dot Kareshi's Villager and Other Guys

Dot Kareshi: we're 8-bit lovers! 1 The Legendary Maiden. CG Character Gallery onsen; hot spring; bath; hot guys


Name: Villager
Yandere Type: Stalker, Possessive
Role: Obtainable Character

Name: "Everyone else"
BORDERLINE YANDERE
Role: Obtainable Character



DOT KARESHI 1 ~THE LEGENDARY MAIDEN


So I finally got myself around to play the first installment of Rejet's Dot Kareshi: We're 8-Bit Lovers! called The Legendary Maiden. I decided to play it since it was pretty short (with 2-10 hours of playthrough depending on the reading speed) and I was just looking for a game to pass time.


Gamewise, it was really fun and funny! Especially that scene where the hero gets angry at you for... ruining his reputation. You'd understand if you play the game. While it may be lacking storywise, since it's a short game and all, it was definitely engrossing!

Needless to say, I was still disappointed. Because there wasn't any yandere! Since it was Rejet, maker of Diabolik Lovers, I was kinda expecting there's one. But there's none! Some of you might argue that all the guys are a bit yandere in their own way. Well, it's true that all of them are obsessive with the heroine (especially the priest), but that's not enough to call them yandere in my standards. You can call them all perverts, though!

According to yandere lists that I have encountered, there's one yandere in the third installment of the series, which is the villager. And you know what? He freaking appeared once in the first installment. So that meant the creepy dude was stalking the heroine right from 1 to 3. Lol.

Anyway, I'm gonna go check out the second one. Hopefully, there's another male yandere we can add on our list.

P.S. I feel like the Hero is teasing me about my current obsession with R-18 Drama CDs.


I'm weak about moaning and panting in my ears, too. Hahahaha!

You could download the game here.






DOT KARESHI 2 ~KISS OF THE SKY~

So I finally managed to play the second installment of the game. I really had bits of trouble regarding this one. I'm not used to mounting .iso games so I don't really know what to do. Plus, the installer was in Japanese writing so I was blindly clicking away buttons. After encountering a number of errors, I finally gave up playing it.


And one day, I came across a Rejet folder in my program files and boy, I was so happy seeing that the game was actually installed. But still, that's not the end of my troubles. "Missing dll" keeps popping up. Well, I'm sure you're not interested in my rants. I just want to tell you that after bits of tweaking here and there, I was finally able to play!


So! Regarding the game, I do feel like the first installment was better. But I'm not saying it isn't fun. It's just that I had more good laughs over the "The Legendary Maiden". And I feel like the characters' perversion were a bit better on the first game. But that's just my opinion.


Also, I like the idea of warping the characters. The monks that I have always regarded as intellectual beings turned out to be the most perverted as a group. The knights which I've always thought as mighty men with sadistic streaks turned out to be Ms. The beastmaster which I've always imagined as mature and sexy guys turned out to be a shota. And the dancers whom I think were perverts turned out to be... well, a pervert. ^_^


Anyway, my purpose on playing the game is still the same: look for yanderes. I had my eyes on the shota (beastmaster) first, and well, he's definitely a tsundere... with a bit of a yandere streak. (Should I include him in the one-time yandere? I probably would). Well, he is possessive after all! And that desire to make the main character his pet? That's a yandere trait too! And that moment where he whipped the heroine, telling her to stay in the game world! That's yandere trait!


Unfortunately, those little scenes weren't enough to call him yandere. He's still definitely a tsun!


And oh, remember that villager I talked about? He's definitely in the second installment, too! And with a lot more screen time! Gah! The main character really had a creepy perverted stalker all this time! And by perverted, I mean really perverted. You'd know what he's done if you play the game.


Anyway! I recommend this game! Unless you hate those perverted otomes. This game does have implied sexual assaults. And the guys in here are definitely the type of guys that would make girls call for the police in real life. Well, if you don't mind that, then go ahead and play! Don't worry, it's not R-18. No weird CGs or weird sounds... just some perverted talk.




DOT KARESHI ~YAMI NO HANAYOME~

Yaaay! I was finally able to play the third installment of the series! Fortunately, I did not have any troubles like I had on the previous game.

So! The very first person you get to meet in the game is.... *trumpets please* The Villager! And would you look at what he said.


Of course you've met her many times. You freakin' stalks the main character from the very first game! Lololololol villager!

So, as I've said in my statements above, I had fun playing the game. And I'm here to assure you that the third installment would not disappoint you! Jokes were never half-assed. And while the story may be too short, it's still packed with enough fun-filled adventures!


It got me wondering if the villager is the canon guy, though! He's the only one who appears in all games after all! ... and he's probably my most favorite guy of all. Or maybe I'm just too biased to yanderes. Ehehe.

Nevetheless, I urge you to play the game! You lose half your fantasy life if you don't! And share your opinions on the game on the comment box, too! I'll definitely find time to reply!

No comments:

Post a Comment