Want an Anime-Manga-Manhwa-Webtoon Recommendation?

Check out my new wordpress blog and see if something caught your interest! CLICK HERE

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Recommendation - "High School Story" Is The Best App Ever!


I love playing games on my smartphone. But, once I get bored of the game, I never have any hesitation on uninstalling it. And guess what, "High School Story" is one game that won't fail in entertaining you!


The game is obviously targeted at females, although guys could play it, too. I haven't encountered anyone calling it an otome game but I could consider it as one... no, it's probably even better than most otome games out there!

If not for the waiting times, and the increasing difficulty in reaching achievements, I'd put it on the same level as Nameless: The One Thing You Must Recall (minus the creepy factor, of course.)

Anyway, let me talk about the game more extensively:

The game first allows you to name your character, choose your gender, and choose which clique you belong (jocks, nerds or preps). After that, you are now ready to build your own school! So basically, the game is like a combination of a city-building sim and an otome game.

Classmates

Once you've built the Admission office, you are now able to recruit classmates for your school. What's amazing is that you are allowed to rename these classmates however and anytime you want! If I'm not mistaken, there are currently 46 classmate types. But who knows, this game just keeps updating so everyone is always on the lookout for more classmate types, which is amazing by the way!

Anyway, that's not all! You are actually allowed to change the costumes of these classmates! There are hundreds of costumes to choose from (although some of them requires rings not coins) and most of them are definitely adorable! You are also allowed to change their faces, skin color, hairstyle and hair color. As for the hairstyle in girls, there are 31 all in all and only 9 of them are unlocked with rings. The rest are free! Hooray!

Just a note though, you cannot rename nor change in anyway the main characters of these games. You see, there are characters in here that are vital to the story so we can't just modify them. It's just like the obtainables in an otome game. Although lately, they introduced a new feature called "makeover" so that we could at least change their outfit, although the number of outfits are limited, too. Just 3 or 4 outfits, I guess?

But hey, that's actually completely fine. It's not like there are hundreds of main characters.

Still, all the characters are lovely. And let me tell you, as a girl, every main guy in there is a boyfriend material, though I'm not really fond of Nishan, Shane and Wes... But, Julian and Ace, gaaahh! These guys are amazing! You may say that everyone kinda looks alike, but what stole my heart is their very own background stories! And it's not just some cutesy-cute backstories but cutesy-cute and heartwarming stories!

Also, I love how the games cooperate with other groups or something, and incorporate them into the game! Just lately, you could actually make the Monster High Girls your classmates! (Though it would cost you some money.)

Other features

As I've said, this game is like a city-building sim, except you're building a school. While I don't really like the look of some of the buildings much, I do love the decorations! And they have a lot! I actually like how my school looks like right now.

(BTW, the screenshot on the right isn't mine.)

Other than the hangouts (or you could call it dorm), the other important buildings are the library, classrooms, party central, Isle of Love, etc.

What's the Isle Of Love, you ask? It's actually a park where love could blossom! Want to have a date with your real-life crush? Just name one of your classmates as your crush and send the two of you on a date in the Isle Of Love!

You could also link your classmates in-game to real people on facebook! But be careful, don't link your real life crush to his game version, or else he'd get a notification that you just sent both of you in a date in-game! (That'd be hilarious, and you're so busted! Lol!)

Story and Game

THE STORY IS GREAT. That I can assure you.

By now, the story already has too many arcs and 90% aren't boring! The other 10% are so-so I guess. Aside from the main story, there are also side stories available where you could build your own band, have sleepovers, have a date in the city, visit Hollywood, be an actress, get chased by zombies (it's not scary, don't worry. It's funny!), solve a murder mystery, or paint a horse eating fruits.

You might think that, just like most mobile otome games, you could only play a number of scenes a day (screw the ticket system). But in HSS, that's not really true. You're allowed to play as many scenes as you want provided you meet the requirements like "300 coins", or "Have a Level 3+ Nerd".

Just some words, though. While it may seem easy-peasy to breeze through the story at first, it may get difficult later on since the requirements would just keep getting higher. Although I must admit that it's not actually a problem for me since I have 200,000+ rings and I could just rush everything up.

Also, some quests can actually be played only by providing rings and most of them are under time limit. So unless you have the same numbers of rings as me, don't expect that you could play every quest available.

Yandere

Since this is a yandere blog, I just can't not talk about them. So far, there really isn't one, since the game is big on bad people turning to good people. Plus, this game is also for kids, so I guess yanderesare no-no.



P.S. I had hope with Ace. In the end, he isn't a yandere (he's just a manipulating jerk) but I like him still.


So, anyway, I think this post is already long enough. I had too much fun in the game! I actually finished this game up to the "Ace arc" before but my phone just had to break. And now that I got my new phone, I installed it again. And since I've been playing as a guest before, the game makers didn't have my data. So, no restoring for me.

But really, it wasn't that bad. As I told you, the game isn't boring so I don't really have any problem with repeating the game over and over.

So, what are you doing now? In case you haven't played the game yet, I suggest you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment