Want an Anime-Manga-Manhwa-Webtoon Recommendation?

Check out my new wordpress blog and see if something caught your interest! CLICK HERE

Saturday, August 6, 2016

"Nachtigal" - Otome Game Review And Walkthrough


Did you ever have a game in your device that you've ignored for too long and when you finally got your ass to play it, you're like Why didn't I play this sooner? That's kinda what I felt after finishing all the routes and endings of the game "Nachtigal" by Cyanide Tea. 

Well, the characters aren't exactly eye candy. I really have to agree on that. And I think that's the main reason why I've been putting it off so much. But I guess some games are worth more than what they look.

Let's look at the introductions first.


Synopsis: Nachtigal tells the story of Miranda Namatgira, a bright college student who travels to Belgium for a holiday. One evening, she loses track of time while sight-seeing and becomes lost in the woods. Just as she's about to consider camping outdoors for the night, Miranda happens upon a hauntingly beautiful castle. She decides to venture inside, but nothing could have prepared her for the bloody sight she beholds there...or for the two vampires who capture her.


CHARACTERS


Miranda Namatgira is a Belgian history and architecture buff who is studying European history and art in college. She is bright and generally optimistic, but can also be sharp-tongued and sarcastic. Miranda likes to help people and often gets into trouble because of her unwillingness to give up. Luckily, her sensitivity and skills of perception have helped her out on multiple occasions.

Luca Faveaux is a cold man who possesses a dry wit. A third generation vampire, his duty is to serve and protect the Nachtigal family, particularly Adrian. He is not one to suffer fools lightly and often clashes with Adrian on matters of propriety. At first, he believes it would be best for Adrian and the Nachtigal family if Miranda is killed, but over time his opinion of her changes...


Adrian van de Nachtigal, Count de Mercy-Argenteau-d'Ochain, is a very confident vampire who is in constant search of entertainment. Being the youngest of his second generation siblings, he's used to being doted on. He is intrigued by Miranda, but gets angry when she tries to pry into his secrets... Though he may not always admit it, he is very thankful for Luca's friendship and guidance.





So, if you're here for the walkthrough, here it is! If you're here for the review, then scroll down for more!

WALKTHROUGH
Note: I'm gonna save Adrian's route for last since it's obviously the canon one. And the game maker's obvious effort to tease you about his background in other routes would've been for naught if you do his route right away.


Luca's End
Qiara's note: Those earrings are so lovely.
[] Ask him for help
[] Save 1
  
[] Just keep listening
[] Save 2 
[] Tell the truth
[] Ask him straight out
[] Save 3
 
[] Luca was scarier
[] The courtyard
[] Are you trying to hide something?
[] Back to my room
Escape End
Qiara's Notes: Most confusing end ever. I saw it right, right?
[] Load Save 3 
[] Adrian was scarier
[] The study
[] You're going to be a good sport, aren't you?
[] Save 4
 
[] The courtyard
[] I don't want that
Menage A Trois End
Qiara's Notes: I'm going to bet the CG on this one will be your favorite.
[] Load Save 4 
[] Even so, I'll stay here
[] Save 5
 
[] I want to live
Feast End
Qiara's Notes: Probably the baddest out of all bad endings.
[] Load Save 5

[] I want to die
Bad End 1
Qiara's notes: Vampires can be total jerks.
[] Load Save 1

[] Interrupt them
Bad End 2
Qiara's Notes: I liked this more than bad end 1. Or maybe I'm just biased towards Adrian.
[] Load Save 2

[] Bluff
Adrian End
Qiara's Notes: And the truth will set you free...
[]  Load Save 4

[] Back to my room

[] Even so, I'll stay here

[] I want to live
Pet Miranda
Qiara's Notes: If Jupiter got a backstory, he'd be yandere.
[] Keep running

[] Just keep listening

[] Tell the truth

[] Ask him straight out

[] Luca was scarier

[] The courtyard

[] You're going to be a good sport, aren't you?
[] The study
[] Even so, I'll stay here
[] I want to live 

So let's move on to the review! (Mild spoilers ahead)

Up to now, I still do not like the image of the characters. Most of us girls actually play otome games with handsome guys in mind, and this one does not really satisfy that longing. But mind you, some CGs are definitely breathtaking! And I'm talking about the "Menage A Trois End". That one makes me want to take over Miranda's place, and it was enough to make me go kyaaa! and doki-doki! Also, that ending kind of reminded me of drama cds (with all those whispering on your neck).

And while the game may be short (I finished it in more or less 2 hours), it was still a fun-packed otome game! The background music were fun, too! Some were upbeat and some were outright creepy.

My favorite character is definitely Adrian. And the way he bites is just so sexy! I still feel like he should have honored the rules on the strip poker... I mean, I definitely want to see him strip. Ahahaha. I know you want it too, admit it.

Have you played the game? What did you think?

And oh, if you're looking for yanderes, you won't find one here. Although the two vampires can be quite menacing if they're hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment