Want an Anime-Manga-Manhwa-Webtoon Recommendation?

Check out my new wordpress blog and see if something caught your interest! CLICK HERE

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Manga Review - "Chocolate Cosmos"


It is confirmed! I definitely have a bad case of teacher kink!


I am definitely not kidding, haha. Aside from having a major crush on my professor in real life, I also have an alarming number of manga collection involving "male teacher x female student" relationship. And I honestly love this kind of forbidden romance. And no, please don't think so lowly of me, thank you. ^_^

Anyway, one of the manga with this genre that I have read recently is called "Chocolate Cosmos". I won't be talking about heavy spoilers here, although I might mention a thing a thing or two about the first few chapters.

Chocolate Cosmos, despite its yummy-sounding name, is actually a kind of flower. In the manga, the heroine named Sayuki described it as a brown-colored flower that smells like chocolate. I really liked how this flower subtly signified the very essence of the story. You see, everything started with a chocolate.

Sayuki always wanted to have a love life. Unfortunately, her eyes makes her look like she's always angry so guys are afraid of her even when she's only staring into space. In an attempt to look for romance, she went with her friends to the beach. There, she met a young-looking man selling chocolates by the seaside. And boy, our heroine fell in love in an instant.

Sayuki managed to spend time with the good-looking guy. But after a few more conversations, she thought that he actually looks familiar. And then she realized that she saw him at her school, although she doesn't know when or how. Their time together ended with Sayuki promising to see him again when the next school term comes...

...and she did saw him.
That's when she realized that the guy was actually Katsuya Hagiwara, their school's Economics teacher.

Okay, to tell the truth, I didn't like Hagiwara-sensei at first. I liked male teacher characters who act more mature and more hard-to-get. Instead, Hagi-sensei seemed more of the goofy type and he seems really close to students. But as the story goes by, I realized that his personality just made the forbidden love more painful. So in the end, I kept wishing I was in Sayuki's place.

All in all, it was a good read despite the short number of chapters. And while the plot was a bit generic and predictable, I think it's worth wasting my time on... or maybe it's just my bias because I like teachers. Anyway, my thirst for male teachers still isn't satisfied so I'm gonna go read another one.

Goodbye!


P.S. I want that kiss like the picture above.

By the way, I just wanted to ask, does anyone here know about Pixelberry's Game "Hollywood U"? I think I might be falling in love with Professor Thomas Hunt ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment